Windows XP SP3

I did a clean install of Windows XP Professional (English, 32bit, Volume License) with Service Pack 2 integrated in a Virtual Machine. After that I installed Windows XP Service Pack 3 Beta build 3180.

The SP3 executable pack is named windowsxp-kb936929-sp3-x86-enu.exe. So there we have the reserved KB article number. The size of the pack is 332 MB.

When installing is replaces and backs up 2,848 files (456 MB) to C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$

As before it also archives the SP3 itself in C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386 2,921 Files (552 MB)



Lucky harddisk space is not an issue these days....

After installing I noticed nothing new visually yet in the Bootscreen or UI. All I noticed was that Remote Desktop Client was updated to 6.1 and that IE6 said SP3 in aboput screen.

Of course a lot of bugfixes since SP2, I mean 2848 files are renewed, I have no wireless in the VM but I assume WPA2 support is now included and High Def Audio devices are detected without need of a hotfix.

I did a Windows Update for fun, 1 high prio update appeared, the July edition of the Malicious Software Removal Tool. 2 Optionals are .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0, not .NET 3.0 ?

Download Windows XP SP3 http://www.mediafire.com/?92m9mcqcywy



Download Windows XP SP3



Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers



Source Code

Tips