The Joomla! community is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Joomla! 1.5.2 [Woi]. This is a normal maintenance update. It has been eight weeks since Joomla! 1.5.1 was released. The goal is to provide regular, frequent updates to the Joomla! end user community containing the latest bug fixes and minor enhancements.
- Support for non-Gregorian date output
- Removed dependency on server locales for date output
- TCPDF Upgraded:
- Supports RTL languages
- Supports GIF images inline in generated PDF (if PHP extension GD2 is enabled)
- Fix for cache folder deletion with legacy mode enabled
- Disable page caching when debug is enabled
- Ability to disable Flash Uploader in Media Manager
- OpenID functionality fixes
- Advanced article filtering options now available using Article Preferences
- Addition of JFactory::getDate() to get a JDate object (supports overloading of JDate for non-Gregorian dates)
- Addition of JExit()
- JView::get() defers correctly to JObject::get()
Recently, two noteworthy milestones where reached: there have been over 1,500 Tracker reports and more than 10,000 commits to the Joomla! 1.5 codebase. Kudos to the Joomla! Bug Squad for their dedicated efforts investigating reports, fixing problems and applying patches to Joomla!. If you find a bug with Joomla!, please report the bug using the Joomla! tracker.
Statistics for the 1.5.2 release period:
- The 1.5.2 release period was 6 weeks (and one day), 10 committers, 130 commits and 781 file changes.
- 303 issues closed with an average open period of 20 days.
- 123 issues remain open, 65% (80) were reported during this last period.
- There are now 10,171 commits. The 10,000th commit was made by Andrew Eddie.
- 44 installation languages are now available.
Members of the Bug Squad, include: Anthony Ferrara (lead), Akarwuth Tamrareang, Amy Stephen, Andrew Eddie, Bruce Scherzinger, Elin Warrin, Ercan Ozkaya, Hannes Papenberg, Ian MacLennan, Jens-Christian Skibakk, Jean-Marie Simonet, Joseph LeBlanc, Kevin Devine, Mati Kochen, Michael Casha, Pieter J. van Horssen, Samuel Moffatt, Toby Patterson and Wilco Jansen.
Warm welcome to the newest members of the Bug Squad: Ahmad Alfy, Akash Mehta, Jennifer Marriott, Justo de Rivera, Shantanu Bala and Tomasz Dobrzynski.
Joomla! 1.5.3 goals
- Profiling and performance optimization
- Plugin refactoring and introduction of unit testing (see Unit Testing current status and background info)
- Complete remaining translation issues
- Go along all //TODO tags in source code
- Review reported CSS issues
- update of the OpenID library to 2.0
source : joomla.org