GIMP is an acronym for GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed program for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring.
It has many capabilities. It can be used as a simple paint program, an expert quality photo retouching program, an online batch processing system, a mass production image renderer, an image format converter, etc.
GIMP is expandable and extensible. It is designed to be augmented with plug-ins and extensions to do just about anything. The advanced scripting interface allows everything from the simplest task to the most complex image manipulation procedures to be easily scripted.
- Added a bounding box for the Text Tool that supports automatic wrapping of text within that bounding box.
- Move handles for rectangle based tools like Crop and Rectangle Select to the outside of the rectangle when the rectangle is narrow.
- Added motion constraints to the Move Tool.
- Improved event smoothing for paint tools.
- Mark the center of rectangles while they are moved, and snap the center to grid and rulers.
- Enable brush scaling for the Smudge tool.
- Added ability to save presets in all color tools for color adjustments you use frequently.
- Allow to transfer settings from Brightness-Contrast to Levels, and from Levels to Curves.
- Allow changing opacity on transform tool previews.
- The Screenshot plug-in has been given the ability to capture the mouse cursor (using Xfixes).
- Display aspect ratio of the Crop and Rectangle Select Tool rectangles in the status bar.
- Desaturate has been given an on-canvas preview.
- The Flame plug-in has been extended with 22 new variations.
- Data file folders like brush folders are searched recursively for files.
- Replaced the PSD import plug-in with a rewritten version that does what the old version did plus some other things, for example reading of ICC color profiles.
Download : gimp.org