10 fundamental differences between Linux and Windows

I have been around the Linux community for more than 10 years now. From the very beginning, I have known that there are basic differences between Linux and Windows that will always set them apart.

This is not, in the least, to say one is better than the other. It’s just to say that they are fundamentally different. Many people, looking from the view of one operating system or the other, don’t quite get the differences between these two powerhouses. So I decided it might serve the public well to list 10 of the primary differences between Linux and Windows.

1: Full access vs. no access
2: Licensing freedom vs. licensing restrictions
3: Online peer support vs. paid help-desk support
4: Full vs. partial hardware support
5: Command line vs. no command line
6: Centralized vs. noncentralized application installation
7: Flexibility vs. rigidity
8: Fanboys vs. corporate types
9: Automated vs. nonautomated removable media
10: Multilayered run levels vs. a single-layered run level

Those are 10 fundamental differences between Linux and Windows. You can decide for yourself whether you think those differences give the advantage to one operating system or the other. Me? Well I think my reputation (and opinion) precedes me, so I probably don’t need to say I feel strongly that the advantage leans toward Linux.

source: blogs.techrepublic.com.com

Technorati Tags: ,,



Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers



Source Code

Tips