The AJAX Control Toolkit provides server and client side functionality that developers can quickly integrate to AJAX enable their Web applications. The ASP.NET team has just released a new version of AJAX Control Toolkit including three new controls HTMLEditor, ColorPicker, and ComboBox.
HTML Editor Control
The HTMLEditor control includes options for changing font size, selecting a font, changing background color, modifying the foreground color, adding links, adding images, changing text alignment, and performing cut, copy, and paste operations
Color Picker Control
The ColorPicker control extender displays a popup dialog that enables you to select a color. The ColorPicker is useful whenever you want to provide an intuitive user interface for a user to pick a color.
Combo Box Control
The ComboBox control works like a combination between a standard ASP.NET DropDownList control and a TextBox control. You can either select from a pre-existing list of items or enter a new item.
Links to Resources
· To learn more or to download you can visit the ASP.NET AJAX page: http://www.asp.net/ajax/#3
· For samples or to see the controls live you can visit: http://www.asp.net/ajax/AjaxControlToolkit/Samples/Default.aspx
· We even have added new videos and tutorials from Joe Stagner and Stephen Walther
· If you run into issues and need help you can post questions on the AJAX Control Toolkit forum http://forums.asp.net/1022.aspx
· To submit feedback on the AJAX Control Toolkit visit our Codeplex page: http://ajaxcontroltoolkit.codeplex.com/
Going forward you will see many more such additions and improvements to the AJAX Control Toolkit.